Shed Your Excess Skin Following Weight Loss
At the end of your weight loss journey, your body may look and feel transformed. However, for many people who lose a significant amount of weight, their new body isn’t exactly what they had in mind at the start of their weight loss. Excess, sagging skin can obscure the contours of your body, making you feel embarrassed in a new way. You envisioned wearing a swimsuit at the beach and tight-fitting clothing, but these folds of skin still leave you uncomfortable with your appearance. Dr. Taylor can help develop a body contouring plan that addresses your aesthetic needs to transform your shape following your weight loss.
Why Choose Body Contouring
Genetics plays the largest role in determining if you will develop excess skin following weight loss. For many people, the fear of excess skin prevents them from losing weight in the first place. But rest easy knowing that you don’t have to live with the burden of unwanted, hanging tissue. You can have the body you’ve always dreamed about. Men and women choose body contouring because it can:
- Shed unnecessary inches from your waistline
- Eliminate stubborn fat that’s keeping you from your goal weight
- Relieve painful irritation caused by excess skin
- Help create a lean and toned appearance
- Make you feel lighter and more comfortable in your body
Body Contouring Options
If you are ready to consider body contouring, you should identify the areas of your body that you wish to improve. Dr. Taylor will help you determine which procedures will allow you to achieve the body shape you desire. Many types of contouring procedures can be combined into a single surgery that will leave you with dramatic results.
- Around the abdomen is the most common trouble spot for weight loss patients. You can choose tummy tuck surgery to tighten and contour the abdomen.
- Whether you’re a woman or a man, sagging tissue at the chest can develop following weight loss. Women can choose breast lift surgery to reposition sagging breasts. Men can undergo male breast reduction to eliminate excess tissue from the chest.
- An arm lift can help people with excess skin that creates a drooping, bat-wing appearance along their arms.
- A sagging neck appearance can be improved with neck lift surgery, which removes excess skin and tightens the platysma muscles.
- Liposuction can be combined with any skin removal procedure to eliminate unwanted deposits of fat. Liposuction can help add definition, enhance the shape of your body, or create a more toned appearance.
If you have recently lost a massive amount of weight, are within 50 pounds of your goal weight, and have maintained your weight loss for more than six months, it might be time to consider body contouring.
Schedule your consultation today to see how Dr. Taylor can help transform your physique. Call our office at 626.577.7730 or contact our office.