Age, exposure to the sun, heredity, and lifestyle can all take a toll on the health and appearance of our faces. Wrinkles and facial lines may develop, and we can lose fullness and volume, causing us to look weathered and older than we actually are and feel. This aged appearance can cause many men and women to feel self-conscious about their appearance; however, with the help of the Restylane® suite of products (by Galderma), your face can be transformed back to the youthful look it once had.Schedule Your Consultation Today
What Is Restylane®?
Dermal fillers are injected into the soft tissue of the skin and offer temporary relief to the appearance of the skin, including increasing facial volume, smoothing wrinkles and other mild skin-contour deformities. Restylane® offers a line of dermal fillers that rejuvenate the appearance of the face to create a healthier and more youthful aesthetic.
Restylane® can be used to add fullness to and smoothen out wrinkles on the cheeks and around the mouth, including the nasolabial folds (the indentation in the skin that stretches from the edge of the mouth to the sides of the nose), marionette lines (wrinkle lines that stretch between the mouth and chin), and lines around the corners of the mouth. Restylane® can also be injected into the lips or cheeks to augment their size.
What Types of Restylane® Are Available?
Restylane® offers an extensive line of dermal fillers that target different areas of concern. Your Restylane® treatment may include just one or a combination of these products.
- Restylane®: The standard Restylane® injectable is used to restore facial volume and smooth lines and wrinkles on the face. This hyaluronic acid (HA) injectable works by attracting and maintaining moisture, allowing for natural-looking plumpness.
- Restylane® Kysse: Used for lip enhancement, Restylane® Kysse adds soft, natural-looking fullness to the lips. This injectable uses XpresHAn Technology™, which allows for greater flexibility and movement.
- Restylane® Silk: Also used for to improve the lips, Restylane® Silk adds volume to the lips and targets the lines around the mouth that result from repeated muscle movements (such as smoking or drinking from a straw) and age.
- Restylane® Lyft: Used to improve the face and the hands, Restylane® Lyft restores natural-looking volume for a smoother, more youthful appearance. This is the only FDA-approved HA dermal filler to treat both the face and the hands.
- Restylane® Refyne: Used to minimize laugh lines and deep creases around the mouth (such as nasolabial folds and marionette lines), Restylane® Refyne offers noticeable improvement. This filler provides flexible movement for highly used areas.
- Restylane® Defyne: Like Restylane® Refyne, Restylane® Defyne targets nasolabial folds and marionette lines while maintaining natural movement and expressions.
- Restylane® Contour: Restylane® Contour is used to increase cheek volume for natural-looking fullness.
Am I a Candidate for Restylane® Treatment?
Candidates for Restylane® dermal filler treatments should be non-smoking women and men who are in good general health, have realistic expectations of the results of the treatment, and suffer from facial imperfections caused by age, heredity, sun exposure, or lifestyle. If you are unhappy with the lines you see on your skin when you look in the mirror, then Restylane® dermal fillers may be the answer for you.
What Is a Restylane® Treatment Like?
You will first schedule a consultation at Taylor Plastic Surgery Center. At the consultation, you will discuss your goals with your injectable provider, and they will assess your skin condition to decide which Restylane® product(s) are the best choice for you.
Before the treatment, a topical anesthetic ointment will be placed on the treatment area, though in some cases, an injection of local anesthesia is administered to the treatment area. Once your skin is numb, your provider will inject the Restylane® filler into the soft tissue under your skin and then massage the filler into the tissue.
The length of the treatment can be anywhere from 15 minutes to one hour, depending on the extent of the treatment.
Frequently Asked Questions About Restylane® in Pasadena, CA
Does Restylane® hurt?
Though you may have a little discomfort during the treatment, there should be no pain. Before the Restylane® filler is injected, a topical anesthetic ointment will be applied to your skin, or you will receive an injection of local anesthesia to make sure you don’t feel any pain. After your treatment, you may feel sore, but this should dissipate in a day or two.
How much is Restylane®?
Restylane® cost varies with each patient and treatment and is dependent on the locations of the injections as well as the type and amount of Restylane® product(s) needed. However, you will be provided a cost estimate at your consultation.
Are there any risks associated with Restylane®?
Though rare, some risks of Restylane® injections are:
- Temporary swelling
- Skin redness
- Skin rash
- Infection at the injection site
What other injectable treatments do you offer?
Besides Restylane® dermal fillers, at Taylor Plastic Surgery Center, we are proud to offer:
How long does Restylane® last?
The length of your results depends on the Restylane® product used and the placement of the filler, though it’s important to note that this offers temporary results. Fillers in the nasolabial fold can last up to 18 months, while fillers in the cheeks last about 12 months, and lips fillers tend to last up to six months. However, with each Restylane® product, it is recommended that you schedule maintenance treatments to get the best results.
Thomas S. Taylor, MD, FACS
960 E Green St #214
Pasadena, CA 91106
Phone: (626) 577-7730Schedule a Consultation
Connect with usGet Directions