Choosing the Right Time to Undergo Breast Augmentation
Posted July 15, 2022 in Breast Augmentation
4 Minute Read:
Understandably, many women in their early twenties consider breast implants to increase the size of their breasts. And if they aren’t planning to have children anytime in the very near future, then it just may be the right time for them to undergo breast augmentation.
However, for women who want to start a family in the next few years, postponing this surgery until after they are finished giving birth and breastfeeding may be wise (although certainly not required).
Having Breast Augmentation Before Having a Family
Many women don’t plan on having children until their thirties, in which case they can enjoy the many benefits of breast implants before then, some of which include:
- Feeling more feminine and sexy
- Looking better in your favorite clothes
- Increased confidence and body image
Keep in mind that if and when you do decide to have children, you may experience some sagging afterward — just as you could expect even if you didn’t have implants. Pregnancy and breastfeeding takes a toll on your breasts; there is no way to prevent that.
Waiting Until Your Family Is Complete for Breast Implants
For women who are interested in starting a family within a year or so of their breast enhancement, the results may be better if they chose to wait until after the birth of their child.
Not only does it take months for your breasts to heal after your surgery and for your implants to “drop,” but you want to have time to enjoy your newly enhanced contour before the inevitable changes of pregnancy.
Breast tissues become enlarged during pregnancy to make room for mom’s milk supply, and nursing causes the breasts to expand and contract. These physical changes stretch the tissue and skin and can leave your breasts loose and droopy, even with implants.
Waiting until after your last child is born can save you the money and recovery time involved with breast revision surgery.
What if You’re Finished Having Kids, and You’re Ready for Breast Implants?
If your family is complete and you are unhappy with the size, shape, or position of your breasts, augmentation is an ideal way to whip your chest back into shape.
Breast Augmentation in Pasadena, CA
If you want to increase your breast size and live in or near Pasadena, California, you can have your surgery performed by the highly respected plastic surgeon, Dr. Thomas S. Taylor. Our plastic surgery practice also serves all of Los Angeles.
Dr. Taylor will customize your surgical treatment plan to meet your unique concerns and goals.
One size does not fit all when it comes to breast implants, and Dr. Taylor offers the following options:
Breast Implant Material
- Silicone implants are filled with silicone gel and closely resemble natural breasts.
- Saline implants are filled with sterile salt water to provide fullness and firmness.
Breast Incision Type
- Periareolar incisions are made around the areola’s edges to camouflage the scars.
- Inframammary incisions run along the natural crease at the bottom of the breast.
Breast Implant Shape
- Teardrop or anatomical Implants are shaped like natural breasts (rounder at the bottom and narrower towards the top).
- Round implants are spherical, providing greater projection and upper-pole fullness than teardrop breast implants.
- The submuscular method places the implant beneath the pectoral muscle and offers more natural contours.
- The subglandular method places the implant directly under the breast tissue, above the pectoral muscle.
- Smooth implants have a smooth surface that allows them to rotate within the breast pocket and is best for round implants as it does not matter if these implants rotate.
- Textured implants have a rough surface that attaches to the breast tissue, preventing the implants from rotating. These are the ideal option for teardrop-shaped implants.
Interested in Learning More About Breast Augmentation?
Check out Dr. Taylor’s photo gallery of before and after breast augmentation pics.
Call us today at (626) 988-4287 for more information or to schedule a consultation. Our helpful staff is standing by. You can also schedule an appointment online by scrolling down to the bottom of this page.