Breast Lift Surgery in Pasadena & Los Angeles
When aging and gravity take their toll on the figure, the breasts are typically no exception. Fortunately, there is a procedure that can address unwanted sagging of the bustline. Breast lift surgery (“mastopexy”) can reverse the predictable effects of:
– Loss of skin elasticity
– Pregnancy and breastfeeding
– Weight changes
The result is firmer, more attractive looking breasts that sit at a higher, more youthful position. And if desired, implants can be used to increase breast volume at the same time. The decision whether or not to incorporate implants is entirely at the patient’s discretion.
Many patients inquire about the possibility of scars from breast lift surgery. It is important to realize that the incision lines will be permanently visible; but they will heal and fade over time, and in many cases they will eventually appear as small, faint lines. Fortunately, in most cases the incisions are in discreet locations that can easily be concealed by clothing.
Who is a Candidate for Breast Lift Surgery?
You may be a candidate for breast lift surgery if your:
– Breasts lack substance or firmness
– Nipples and areolas point downward (particularly if they are positioned below the breast crease)
– Bustline is comprised of loose, hanging skin
However, these criteria represent ideal candidacy. There are unusual circumstances that still allow patients to undergo the procedure, such as:
– Breasts that developed so that one breast is firm and well-positioned while the other is not
– Breast asymmetry (difference in size)
– Excessively large breasts; if this is the case, Dr. Taylor may recommend breast reduction as well
While young women occasionally undergo breast lift surgery, it is recommended to postpone the procedure until all childbearing is complete. Pregnancy and breastfeeding may have significant and unpredictable effects on breast size and shape; and, while breast lift surgery does not always affect one’s ability to breastfeed, many women still wisely opt to wait.
To address your specific questions on breast lift surgery, contact Dr. Taylor’s office to schedule a consultation.